American Surveying & Engineering is seeking a CADD Technician to join our Chicago office. The best candidate will have a broad range of project experience in the Transportation Engineering Design Industry, Survey Drawing, and Utility Drawing preparation.
- Transform initial rough designs/sketches and redlines/mark-ups into finished graphics/construction documents.
- Draft detail drawings of land development, highway/roadway projects, utility, and drainage projects
- Review engineering drawings to ensure adherence to established CADD standards.
- Perform 2D & 3D CADD modeling.
- Perform design constructability reviews.
- Play an active role in providing CAD Standards/Standard Operating Procedures input.
- Assist designers and other senior technicians with preparation and review of engineering drawing packages.
- Ability and willingness to travel in the region, as required.
Preferred BS or Associate degree in Engineering Technology or comparable/related (i.e. CADD; Drafting & Design Technology; General Engineering; or Design and Construction Technology)
4+ years of previous A/E/C design experience.
For this senior position, applicants will need to possess or develop the following skills and attributes:
- Must have working knowledge of civil site development (e.g. grading, surfaces, volume calculations, sections, profiles, corridors, pipe networks, alignments and quantity take-offs).
- 4+ years proven work experience with Microstation, Geopak, and Autodesk Civil 3D.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Attention to detail a must.
- Ability to introduce new ideas and CADD routines to enhance and improve day to day operations.
- Understanding and application of CADD standards.
- AutoCAD (required)
- Civil 3D (required)
- MicroStation (required)
- Geopak (strong plus)
- ArcGIS (strong plus)
Email us your resume here.